Sunday, February 24, 2013

Open Letter to my Fat...


239.2


A few years back, I struggled with a Plateau. I could not seem to loose the weight. I had NSV. But I was getting discouraged. So my meetings Leader told me to write a letter to myself. Pour out my frustrations, getting everything off my chest.

Well, I didn't exactly want to give myself the third degree, since I was doing what I thought was right, and I felt that it would be displacing my anger toward who I really was upset at. Not myself, but my FAT. Yup, my pounds were at fault, they didn't want to leave me, no matter what I was doing right.

So I wrote my "Pounds" a letter....



"Dear 255#,

For a month now, you and I have been very close friends. We have spent 33 days of laughter and tears, OHHHH the tears.

I just wanted to say, that even though I haven't seen you in 3 years, it's time for you and me to part ways. Four weeks was enough for you and me, but it's now time for good-bye.

Believe me, 255#, when I tell you that I LOVED seeing you at first, but now it's time for me to see 253#. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but this time, the goodbye is forever.

Please let me go, I will cherish our time together, but I must move on. Please don't take it personally. It's not you, it's me. It's just not working for me, and I'm not happy with you anymore.

Please try to understand. There will be others that will be happy to see you. But for me, the excitement is gone.

LOVE always,

ALI
P.S. - CLINGING to me for another week WILL NOT make me change my mind.

253# and I have been exchanging numbers and we think we can make it work. I'm just not a monopounderist. I need to see other pounds.

Please don't make me resort to exercising more, cutting out WP and measuring ALL my food to get rid of you. That would be below you. But know this, I WILL do it if I'm forced to.

There are others like me that want to see you, Go to them and don't look back. I know I won't.

Frustratingly yours (for now)
ALI "

No comments:

Post a Comment