Thursday, January 31, 2013

Year One, and Gone.....

239


It's been a Year Now, since I restarted my Weightloss (WL) Journey and it's been a rollercoster ride.

So far, I have lost 38.4 lbs. 

In. One. Year.

I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed. I'd hoped to be further along on my journey. But I do have to say that all month of June, I plateaued and stayed the same weight. In December (starting probably during Thanksgiving) I gained 10.2 lbs. 

So, this is where I'm at. I didn't go to my WW meetings all Winter Holidays. I slacked off on tracking my food, and ate as I pleased. 

This is the perfect time to bring up a motivational quote that I heard in a meeting, a while ago.

"I AM NOT JUDGED BY THE NUMBER OF TIMES
I FAIL,
BUT BY THE NUMBER OF TIMES
I SUCCEED"

I am reminded of the saying "eat to live, don't live to eat" it is important to understand the triggers to Binge eating. It's even more vital to get past the feeling and look for answers. 

* How did I get off course?
* What can I learn from this experience?
* How can I make it right? 
* What can I do to prevent this from happening again? 

Keep in mind, the answers are not easy to find. They are not easy to do. And they are certainly NOT easy to keep. But, once you ID your trigger and figure out how to avoid it, you are halfway there. 

Remember, one day at a time, no guilt and move on.

"OBSTACLES are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your GOAL"

Thanks for stoping by,

ALI

No comments:

Post a Comment